Monday, September 23, 2013

Just Another After School Special - Part Four

Part Four 
By
Eva Rayne

I was just thinking about you.
How was I supposed to reply to that? It wasn't until I was staring at his text message on my phone that I realized part of me had been hoping he wouldn't text me back, that Tori and I had been wrong and he was just my teacher. Another, surprisingly large, part of me was excited. The butterflies in my stomach went crazy as I let myself wonder just what exactly he had been thinking about me.
"Earth to Izzie," Tori's voice broke through my thoughts as she waved her hand in front of my face. 
"What are you going to say?" she asked once she was sure she had my attention. 
"I don't know," I replied honestly, shrugging my shoulders.
"I do!" And before I could stop her, Tori plucked my phone out o my hands and started typing. I was on my feet in an instant, trying to wrestle the phone from her, but I was too late. 
"What did you do?" I asked with a groan as she finally released her death grip on my phone. 
"Absolutely nothing," she sang as she picked up her make up. "Anyway, I have to run, I'm late. Have fun tonight!" and with a wink, she disappeared through the bathroom. 
After glaring at her retreating back I turned my attention back to the phone in my hand, hitting the unlock button. The screen lit up, revealing the conversation with Nick and Tori's incriminating text. 
What about me?
I groaned, mentally yelling ever nasty thing I could think of at Tori. It's not like I could tell him that it wasn't me who sent that text, after all, even though nothing had happened he was still my teacher. I didn't want to scare him off by making him think I had told the whole world. 
I half expected to not head back from him, so when my phone chimed not thirty seconds later I was surprised. Apparently 'my' sudden forwardness had been a good thing.
How about I tell you in person? I was just about to go out for a late dinner, care to join me? 
I could feel the blush creeping onto my cheeks as I started typing, already trying to plan an outfit. 
Yeah, sure, that sounds great.
The second I hit the send button I started flipping through the contents of my closet. The purple tank top I was wearing would work. It hugged my body in all the right places and showed just the right amount of cleavage. I had just found the right pair of jeans - skinny jeans with sparkly back pockets - when my phone beeped from my bed. 
Awesome! I live in the campus apartments right behind the library. Wanna come by here and I'll drive?
I read his text while pulling off my sweats. So much for a quiet night of studying. I danced around my room in my underwear as I texted him back, saying that sounded perfect and I'd head that way in a few minutes. 
Once the text sent I pulled on my jeans and started trying to perfect my hair and make up. He texted me one last time giving me the specifics of where his apartment was. The 'see you soon' at the end made the butterflies in my stomach start going crazy once more. 

Fifteen minutes later I found myself knocking on Nick's apartment door. It wasn't until now that I realized once again just how insane this was and started getting nervous again. 
But then Nick opened the door. "Hey Izzie, I'm glad you came."

2 comments: