Friday, October 25, 2013

The Good Girl - Chapter Eight

If this happens again, I'm going to spank you. 

How could one simply uttered ultimatum throw my world into absolute chaos?


Read Chapter One - Here
Read Chapter Two - Here
Read Chapter Three- Here
Read Chapter Four - Here

Read Chapter Five - Here
Read Chapter Six - Here

Read Chapter Seven - Here



The Good Girl
By Fiona Summerville

Chapter Eight

Enveloped within Thomas’ arms, we sat naked on the living room floor, silently watching the flames lick and dance their way around the logs in the fireplace. For the first time in what seemed like an eternity I felt whole and at peace. Never in a million years would I have believed the kiss of a leather belt on my bare bottom would be the source of such tranquility. But here I was, relaxed and happier than I'd ever been.

Reaching for the stemless wine glass on the corner of the coffee table, I winced slightly as the dull burn on my still tender ass cheek brought memories of the last few hours flooding back. An exquisite rush of heat raced over my body and settled in my core. I smiled and moaned softly as I tucked myself back against Thomas’ chest. Sense memory recall at its best.

“Everything ok?”

“Never better.”

“Still sore?”

“A bit, but nothing I can’t handle. You’re very good with a belt, Thomas.”

A chuckle rumbled low in his chest as he snugged me closer.

“I’m very good at a lot of things, baby." 

"Mmm...no doubt. I can't wait to experience all of those things personally."

Thomas nipped at my shoulder blade as he reached for the bottle of wine. He refilled our glasses and sat back against the sofa.

 "So, tell me. Where’s this Maxi been for the last few weeks?”

“Lost,” I whispered, as I brought the wine glass to my lips. “She’s been lost for a long time.”

“Well, I’m glad she found her way home,” he murmured against my ear. “I’ve been waiting to get to know her.”

I shot him an incredulous look. He sounded as if he knew I’d been play acting all along. But how could he? We’d met when he attended a deposition at my office, which happened to be Perfect Maxi’s realm. He’d never seen the real me until tonight.

"Maxi, Kendall introduced us at a party last year. You were there with a date, but I couldn’t take my eyes off you. Your hair was a wild, tousled mess and you were wearing a green velvet dress that made your eyes sparkle like emeralds. I wanted so badly to touch you. To run my fingers through that wild mane. But short of knocking your date over the head and dragging you out of the party I knew my desire was destined to be unrequited.”

He planted a kiss on my bare shoulder before nestling his chin on the spot his lips had been only moments before.

“A few weeks later I saw you again at Café Om...with Eric.”

Café Om? My stomach fluttered. Café Om was my sanctuary. I shifted so I could look back at him, startled.

"Yeah, I hang out at Café Om, almost every Saturday morning. And yes, I've seen you. The real you. Not the perfect girl who tiptoes around in those high heels like she’s walking on egg shells, but the beautiful, kick-ass girl who doesn't give a fuck what she looks like. She’s gorg-...you’re gorgeous, Maxi.”

My eyes burned as they welled up with tears. Taking a hasty sip of wine, I turned to stare into the fire. He’d known all along and patiently waited for a truth that had never come. How could I have been so stupid?

“I couldn’t believe my luck when I walked into your office for that deposition and saw you setting up the conference room. Remember when I ended up at your desk with some lames-ass excuse of looking for the restroom? I waited for you to realize we’d met before, but when you didn’t, I still took a chance and asked you out. Since then, I’ve waited for you to introduce me to the Maxi from the party and the coffee shop, but you never seemed able to. I just couldn’t figure out why. I even thought that sharing my dark side with you, might prompt you to reveal yourself. Instead I thought I’d frightened you off.”

“I frightened myself off, Thomas. You did everything right. You were straight forward and open about what you wanted. I was the one who wasn’t comfortable enough in my own skin to admit I wanted the same thing.”

“Do you want me, Maxi? I mean, really? I come with quite a bit of baggage.”

          “And, from what I saw in your bedroom, quite an extensive toy chest.”

His soft chuckle filled the room. “Naughty girl,” he whispered, pushing my hair away he planted a warm, moist kiss just below my ear.

"What do you get out of it, Maxi?"

"What do you mean?"

"The facade. The two personas. What do you get out of hiding?"

I shrugged.

"I guess I was just tired of being burned. If I was someone else, I couldn’t get hurt."

"You don't like being hurt?" Thomas snorted.

Given the events of the last few hours, the absurdity of my comment was not lost on me. I mirrored his snort and I rested my head back against his shoulder.

“I know how stupid that sounds, but it’s the truth. Besides, there is a difference between physical and emotional pain. And, I never again want to experience the pain I felt with -"

"David," Thomas interjected softly as he kneaded the tension from my shoulders.

How did he know about David? I'd never spoken about David to anyone except Kendall. Kendall. She and Thomas are friends. She must have mentioned something to him about my ill-fated relationship with David.

"I don't think I can handle another rejection like that."

"That's never going to happen, Maxi." He pulled me up onto his lap and spun me so I was straddling him. "Just be yourself. Let me in. All the way and I’ll never leave. I promise."

I believed him. Deep down, with every fiber of my being, I trusted his words. He’d seen the real me as well as the guise and had stuck around. And to think I’d almost lost my chance at a life with him because I was too afraid to be me. Stupid girl.

“I’m sorry for the deceptions and the indecisiveness, Thomas.”

"Shhhh…what's done is done. We only move forward from here. Deal?”

“Deal.”

"You know, you still haven’t given me your safeword."

“Oh! It’s “harbor”…as in “safe harbor.”

A look of confusion crossed his handsome face. “I never pegged you as a Nicholas Sparks fan, Maxi.”

“Oh no...not that Safe Harbor. It’s more about how I feel when I’m with you. Safe. Secure. No longer adrift. Blindfolds, handcuffs and all, you’re my safe harbor, Thomas.”

He grinned, his eyes sparkling a brilliant blue as wrapped me in his arms and pulled me tight against his chest. "You’ll always be safe with me. Just be yourself. I love you just the way you are. You're perfect, Maxi."


The End




2 comments: